What is the TELIS Project?
The TELIS (Transparent Electrical Line Impact Studies) Project is a series of pioneer research studies examining the impact of high voltage overhead electrical transmission lines on property values. The studies will include:
- Impact of high voltage powerlines on acreage sales located in Pinal County, Arizona. Over 2,000 sales of 20+ acres include a large subset of sales purchased for residential development.
- Impact of high voltage powerlines on residential properties located in Maricopa County (Phoenix, Scottsdale, etc.), Arizona.
- Any other area in the United States where sales data are available.
Our studies will be a groundbreaking shift in the status quo of research projects that deal with the impact on property values created by high voltage electric transmission lines. The big difference with our studies versus other, previous ones include:
- we will provide access to accurate data that support our resulting study opinion on the impact on property values created by high voltage electric transmission lines,
- we will clearly state the statistical analyses used in our studies.
New! Journal Article: Electric Transmission Lines and Farmland Value
We examine the impact of high voltage overhead electrical transmission lines on the value of agricultural land in Wisconsin and Illinois. Guiding principles are developed. Views of appraisers are considered, along with institutional details of transmission line easements. A literature review reveals how principles have been ignored in the past. A new hedonic model is developed. The estimated impact of the transmission line easements is both statistically significant and substantially larger than has previously been contemplated. It is essentially the same in Wisconsin and Illinois. Consistency across two states suggests that the results are robust.
Peter F. Colwell and Jim L. Sanders (2017) Electric Transmission Lines and Farmland Value. Journal of Real Estate Research: 2017, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 373-399. Link for article: Farmland Value
Tax-deductible contributions to the TELIS Project can be made by:
- Use the hard copy TELIS Project Donor Form to mail your donation to Concerned Citizens Montana at: P.O. Box 86, Divide, Montana 59727.
- Use the Paypal button below to make an online donation and please include a note specifying that your donation is for the TELIS Project: